The story is expressed by people that have lived the events live and coming here with first hand information, unbiased, for the only purpose of serving the truth.
The RI is not an above suspicion organization, has failed to properly manage this scandal that shaked the Rotary community in the Philippines by choosing to isolate the true Rotarians who chose to fight the evil, instead they covered up the crooks, those who have embezzled money through the inefficient and full of loopholes process called "Matching Grants" or those who entered the Clubs seeking a label making them citizens in good standing during the day, something else during the night, just to name a couple of them.
You are the donor, a good faith donor, thinking your contribution will help some one in need, in an extreme struggle for survival situation that is usually happening in the third world. And that's the name of the game folks. First world Rotarians helping Clubs in the third world to eradicate poverty in their country.
From day one after my induction on March of 2004 I made service to the community a priority, a foul time none paid job serving children elderly and mentally retarded with funds provided by the VILLAGE AIDE PROGRAM (VAP for short) an organization based in Australia owned by Rotarian Derek Pyrah and his former family - former in the sense that he dumped them recently at the age of 62 and moved to the Philippines for the eyes of a 20 years young Filipino girl - funds sent and managed by former Rotarian and PP of the RCT Dave Collins.
- RC Milton-Mowbray Matching Grant 2006 P 800,000.00
- RC Collingwood Canada Matching Grant 2007 P790,000.00
- RC Wilshire Blvd Hollywood Matching Grant 2007 P 900,000.00
- RC West Wollongong Matching Grant 2007 P 902,739.95
Thousands of US dollars received from donations given by clubs and Rotarians around the world that were never registered in the club's accounting report as read in the regular meeting by the treasurer Deo Uy but instead were deposited to an MB (Metro Bank) account that only Collins and him (Deo) were custodians and knew the ins and outs of the money, in violation of RI bylaws that every single dollar must be deposited in a club controlled bank account.
|Heroes and Zeros.The Rotary International|
- A detailed cost and bidding documents for all construction projects financed by the RI as required under the terms and conditions or the TRF including Waterless toilets water tanks and more, that instead was done by Dave Collins as a prime contractor employing his own workers in violation of the "conflict of interest" section as also described by the TRF bylaws.
At the same time, I notified the TRF about the fraud – the only word that perfectly fits – joining the necessary documentation to backup my allegations to the attention of Meredith Berliew and Collete Martin - Wilde, both Matching Grant supervisors - coordinators and Heather Fosburgh stewardship supervisor all 3 sitting in the RI headquarters in Evanston Illinois.
|Heroes and Zeros.The Rotary International|
- Of defrauding Individuals, Rotarians, Clubs and organizations in Australia and elsewhere in the world where the VAP leaders Derek Pyrah and Dave Collins mislead donors to contribute by misrepresenting their actions. An example of this accusation is the mail posted titled Cassate Drougt relief
- They instructed donors to deposit money not in a RCT Club controlled bank account but on one they (Collins and treasurer PP Deo Dioscoro) had absolute control, the club having total ignorance of the existence of such account, same for the RAWCS (Rotary Australia World Community Service). Remember, Deo Dioscoro is the manager of the METRO BANK where the accounts were held. This is just an example. If interested you can read more inside this blog. Those like this Rotarian who tried to send money mentioning the name of the Rotary Club of Tagbilaran as recipient the did not make it. No such account existed.
- Of defrauding TRF of thousands of dollars by misrepresenting the use of the MG as follows: Dave Collins did not disclose to the foundation that he was the contractor-builder of all construction projects submitted for financing, instead he claimed that it was a construction company under the name of VALLES CONSTRUCTION in Tagbilaran Bohol that was hired for the job.
- There isn't such company under this name in the TRADES AND INDUSTRY DEPARTMENT data base in Bohol. Here is the document proving my allegation: Click here to see a mail sent to many with the report attached. The report is there too
- Once I filed the request for opening an investigation as described above, the President formed an investigative committee to explore the allegations. They agreed with the Collins and PP Dioscoro on a number of meetings for discussion and were ordered to submit to the club the bank accounts “pass books” as they called in the Philippines the saving accounts booklets where all transactions are recorded. (I was wondering why they had not a checking account?). They refused, they disappeared, never attended investigation meetings neither regular meetings
Dave Collins has been the cruelest defamator to Rotarians and others, he squeezed the funds from his club, go unpunished, now he's filling libel charges against the president trying to extort money from her. All these under the total indifference of the RI pressured by some top guns as high as DGs and PDGs each of them for different reasons, including some are owners of a charity business themselves.